More particulars have been introduced relating to New Zealand’s introduction of an Electronic Travel Authority (eTA) and International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). Both have been introduced by the New Zealand Authorities in late 2018, and officially unveiled on the 25th February 2019.
New Zealand joins the growing list of nations the place visitors might want to apply on-line electronically for clearance before they travel. An eTA will likely be required for all journey from the first October 2019.
New Zealand can also be introducing a NZ$35 tourism levy which may even be charged to all tourists coming into New Zealand from the 1st October 2019. This levy being charged at the same time as the eTA application.
An eTA will value NZ$9 when submitted via the eTA app, and NZ$12 when submitted via the eTA website. Travellers might want to submit the next information as a part of an eTA application –
• Travel document details (passport)
• Biographic particulars (picture)
• Contact particulars (e mail)
• Data that enables Immigration NZ to determine the traveller’s eligibility to journey to New Zealand with out a visa (equivalent to a declaration about their felony conviction history)
• Details about the purpose of the traveller’s journey (reminiscent of whether they’re travelling to seek medical remedy).
The modifications will affect round 1.5 million vacationers who go to New Zealand each year by aircraft or by sea, including these transiting through New Zealand on flights (akin to these flying from Australia to the United States or vice versa via Auckland). Australian passport holders getting into or transiting New Zealand are exempt from the eTA and IVL.
Travellers who’re required to hold an eTA before they travel to New Zealand include:
• Travellers from visa waiver countries.
• Australian permanent residents (Australian passport holders are exempt)
• All cruise ship passengers, regardless of nationality.
• Air and cruise crew (working and positioning).
Passengers from a visa waiver country or a transit visa waiver country who are transiting by way of New Zealand are also required to hold an eTA from 1 October 2019, even if New Zealand isn’t their final destination.
The eTA and IVL can be valid for 2 years for most applicants. It will be legitimate for 5 years for air and cruise crew. Air and cruise crew is not going to must pay the $35 IVL.
If you loved this post and you would like to acquire extra details about eta new zealand kindly pay a visit to the page.