New Zealand provides a range of visa options for companions and children

Sharing is caring!


In case you are making use of for a New Zealand visa primarily based in your relationship, you and your accomplice might want to meet sure criteria.

Your partnership needs to be genuine and stable.

You have to be residing along with your partner.

It’s essential to meet well being and character requirements.

You need to have the assist of your partner.

Your accomplice should be eligible to support your application.

Check the precise necessities in your situation as they fluctuate for momentary and resident visas.

In case you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you also may be able to sponsor a companion’s visa. Nevertheless, you will need to prove that New Zealand is your major place of residence earlier than you’ll be able to support the application.

You also needs to consider all visa options for coming to New Zealand, as some are eligible for more providers than others.

Short-term visas

You may apply for a short lived work or customer visa to be with your associate in New Zealand should you each meet the criteria.

If your application depends on your companion’s temporary visa, your visa will only be legitimate for the same time period as theirs.

If your accomplice is a New Zealand citizen or resident you’ll be able to apply for a work or customer visa of between 12- 24 months period, depending on the length of the relationship.

Resident visas

You can be included as a secondary applicant in your associate’s application beneath most resident visa categories, together with below the Expert Migrant Class or Residence from Work. There may be an English language requirement for these applications.

You too can apply for a resident visa in case you are in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident, under the Household Partnership category.


Your dependent children can apply to affix you in New Zealand. The Immigration New Zealand website defines when a child is considered dependent.

Short-term visa

Your dependent children can apply for student or visitor visas to be with you in New Zealand.

School-aged dependent children need a student visa to be able to attend main, intermediate or secondary schools. Children youthful than school age can apply for a customer visa. A student visa isn’t wanted and will not be granted to attend pre-school in New Zealand.

Resident visa

Your dependent children might be included as secondary applicants in your residence application.

In case you’re already a New Zealand citizen or resident, your children can apply under the dependent child category. If they’re over 16, they may want to meet English language requirements.

If you liked this posting and you would like to receive additional facts concerning Received a letter from Immigration Officer PPI New Zealand kindly stop by our own web page.